03 February 2009

In which A day of many firsts begins.


Yesterday was my FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. I haven't had one of those days in awhile and it was nice to feel a bit of the rush of first day jitters. Although I'm clearly the youngest in the class, all of the other students seem really friendly and eager to learn.

(Sadly, our class is only two-hours a day, which is definitely not long enough to bust out my pink plastic Barbie lunchbox c. 1990.)

Our insegnante (teacher) tries to only use Italian inside the classroom, which is a challenge, but it really keeps all of us students on our toes. Surprisingly, even after the first lesson, I've become the young eager beaver in class, and even though I often turn pink and stumble on my words, it's a safe place to do so.

It's also my very first official post to this blog-- something I've been meaning to do for awhile! I used to blog quite often in late high school and early college with the rush of Xanga. Haha, somehow this feels more 'grown-up'.

And if anyone is interested in learning Italian in New York City, there are several great Italian language schools available, but I do highly recommend Parliamo Italiano on the Upper East Side. Helpful staff, amazing teacher, friendly students, etc.

No comments:

About Her

My photo
a pseudo grown-up: book lover, wanderlust-er, sometimes photographer, blog follower, coffee drinker, dessert baker (and eater), music listener, Italian learner, storyteller, story writer